[Traditional x cutting-edge art] Handmade Japanese paper and ice dyeing workshop
We will hold a collaborative workshop of "Tosa Washi", a traditional craft of Kochi Prefecture with a history of more than 1,000 years, and "ice dyeing", which is attracting attention as a cutting-edge art dyeing technique.
This is a valuable opportunity to experience tradition and cutting-edge art, so we look forward to your participation.
◆ Contents of the workshop
Hand-making experience of Tosa Washi (Use the tools and materials used in the home of Kochi to make colored paper-sized Washi under the guidance of an instructor).
After that, you will experience ice dyeing using dried Japanese paper as a canvas.
*Please see the instructor SAYAKA ASAI's Instagram for an image of the finished ice dyeing.Instagram：https://www.instagram.com/lllllsalllll/
Tosa Washi paper OSAMU HAMADA
I am from Kochi Prefecture.
Working as a papermaker at a workshop in Inomachi, Kochi Prefecture, using the technique of hand-made Tosa washi that has been handed down from generation to generation since the Tempo period.
On the other hand, we are also focusing on efforts to restore cultural properties and disseminate traditional culture to the world.
My grandfather is Yukio Hamada, a Living National Treasure.
Ice dyer SAYAKA ASAI
Based on the aesthetics centered on accepting transience and imperfection, he devised the "ice dyeing" technique of dyeing cloth with ice, based on the concept of beauty hidden in everyday life.Acquired a special design technique patent while studying at Musashino Art University.After graduating, he moved to Paris alone to pursue his artistic activities.
A new encounter between traditional Tosa hand-made Japanese paper and ice dyeing that has continued since the Heian period.
I would be happy if I could create a new page with you while appreciating the miracle that I was able to meet over time.
Please enjoy the accidental beauty of warm handmade Japanese paper and ice dyeing.
Ice dyer SAYAKA ASAI
|event date||August 28, 2022 (Sun)|
Held twice in the morning and afternoon
Morning session: 10:00-12:00
Watashino, a Tosa Washi shop
3F, 3-22-6 Uchikanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
2 minute walk from JR/Tokyo Metro Kanda Station
6,000 yen + consumption tax
|8 to 10 people in each section *Applications will be closed as soon as the capacity is reached.
Minimum number of participants: 4 people per section
① Bank transfer
Payment by 23:59 on Sunday, August 21st
*If payment cannot be confirmed, the reservation will be treated as cancelled.
◆Regarding the participation of childrenThis workshop is child-friendly.
Please use it as a theme for free research during summer vacation.
- Children under elementary school age can be accompanied by a guardian.In the case of a child only experience (※ Support for attendants is OK), there is no problem with the price for one person.
- Children above junior high school age will be treated the same as adults.If you are accompanied by a guardian, please apply for 2 people.
◆Participation rules and precautions
- Please note that cancellations and refunds are not possible after payment has been made.
- This event is scheduled to be held after thoroughly implementing infection prevention measures and ensuring the safety of participants.When visiting, please cooperate with measures against infectious diseases such as wearing a mask and disinfecting.
We would appreciate it if you could bring your own drink.
Please wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty on the day.
- The purpose of the work produced in the workshop is to enjoy it yourself without using it for "commercial purposes" or "commercial use".In case of violation, we may take action from the standpoint of patent and trademark registration.Please note.
◆ How to apply
Please apply for participation from the Google form and make payment by the deadline using the payment method below.
* At the same time as the application for participation, it will be treated as having agreed to the contents of the above participation rules and notes.
① Bank transfer
Please transfer 6,600 yen to the following account for each participant.
* Workshop participation fee 6,000 yen + consumption tax 600 yen
*Please pay the transfer fee by yourself.
Transfer amount: 6,600 yen
Rakuten Bank Fourth Sales Branch (Branch Number 254)
Account Number 7262630
Cojin Watashino Co., Ltd.
② Credit card payment (PayPal)
Please click the button below and pay 6,900 yen per participant from PayPal.